On Wed, 10 Jan 2001 09:57:06 EST, Adrienne Smith <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>When you say aerobic exercise, are you including high intensity interval
>sprints.  I thought that interval training could build muscle and increase
>fat loss.

Adrienne,

I have really benefited from doing high intensity interval sprints.  My 1
rep max squat has nearly doubled in the 3 months that I have been doing
sprints (1-2x per week) in addition to increasing my running speed.  There
seems to be a synergistic relationship between sprinting, weightlifting,
and playing sports such as basketball.

Brad