This is a response in support of Bob Dickinson's long post about
niacin and vitamin deficiencies that remain even in gluten-free
celiacs.

Nearly two years after becoming gluten-free, my test results turned
up a niacin inadequacy. Dr. Peter Greene at Columbia Presbyterian, a
celiac expert who has been quoted on this list from time to time,
recommended 50 mg. of niacin per day. I neglected to follow the
recommendation---in fact, I forgot about it for a couple of years. A
few months ago, I discovered my original notes and have added niacin
to my daily complement of vitamin pills. I hesitate to be definitive
about ascribing effect to cause, but I will say that my occasional
bouts of peripheral neuropathy have vanished.

Mary Brown
New York