Samba Jow,

Let me begin with a very wry observation. Is it any coincidence that you chose only to respond to my assertions [which you complained of ], when Buharry sent in his response? Put siomply, don't tell me you only became courageous to respond because you read Buharry's response? I'm obliged to be cynical here about the timing. The posting was sent in on Monday and it took you five days to answer. Answered immediately only after someone else sent in his response? Some uncanny coincidence. Maybe like Buharry, you were busy setting up a web page and running some Gambian musician's tour schedules?

However, i did find your protestations of innocence funny enough. With suave reasonable-ness, you protested that: "When I joined the L I promised myself never to engage in any form of name callings for the simple fact that it does not serve any purpose." Yet, in a response to Mboge's acceptance to organise a debate between me and Halifa, you quipped in a non-conciliatory manner that: "Hamjatta has not raised any sincere or constructive criticism of PDOIS." Meaning Hamjatta is INSINCERE in his criticisms of PDOIS. If you were not "name calling", what were you engaged in then? Does one have to kiss up to everything that comes from PDOIS, even if it is froth and nonsense, to qualify in your book as "sincere"? Anyone who criticises PDOIS from your warped logic must either be a hypocrite or insincere? I have noticed also your laboured attempts to shed the image of a programmed fanatic, even going out of your way to assure me of your criticality and being your own man. Splendid. What is it exactly about PDOIS and its fellow travellers that you are in disagreement or critical of? That would need some answering given that even in your futile attempts to shed the programmed fanatic image, you were going out of your way to rehearse the old litany of PDOIS piety. Rehearsing these litanies or placing Halifa on the pedestal of Sainthood, as i always say, is one's prerogative. That right means also the responsibility to respect the right of others to dissenting views about such perceptions of PDOIS/Halifa. The relationship is mutual. In my book, it goes this way, i respect your inalienable right to turn Halifa into a Saint and in return you respect and indeed, have the responsiblilty of recognizing my inalienable right to have/hold dissenting views. That's what it all boils down to.

Hamjatta Kanteh

Buharry: Like you, i'm still busy like the proverbial bee. Soon as i have free time, i will respond fittingly to your long charge sheet. Hope the Musa Ngum project goes well and i look forward to visiting the web page and the listening to the forthcoming album.