From: [log in to unmask]
Full-name: Tamar40
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 21:13:46 EDT
Subject: Fwd: [joan-list] different views :)
To: [log in to unmask]

--part2_17.83ec36b.26a114ca_boundary

Thought these were funny.

Love,
Tamar

--part2_17.83ec36b.26a114ca_boundary

Sender: [log in to unmask]
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 08:58:39 -0700
From: Beth <[log in to unmask]>
To: Multiple recipients of *joan-list <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: [joan-list] different views :)

Hi List - thought you might get a chuckle from this : )
Beth

WHY DID THE CHICKEN CROSS THE ROAD?

 PAT BUCHANAN
 To steal a job from a decent, hardworking American.

 JERRY FALWELL
 Because the chicken was gay! Isn't it obvious? Can't you people see
 the plain truth in front of your face? The chicken was going to the
 "other side."  That's what "they" call it the "other side." Yes, my
 friends, that chicken is gay. And, if you eat that chicken, you will
 become gay too. I say we boycott all chickens until we sort out this
 abomination that the liberal media whitewashes with seemingly harmless
 phrases like "the other side." That chicken should not be free to
 cross the road. It's as plain and simple as that.

 DR. SEUSS
 Did the chicken cross the road?
 Did he cross it with a toad?
 Yes! The chicken crossed the road,
 but why it crossed, I've not been told!

 ERNEST HEMINGWAY
 To die. In the rain.

 MARTIN LUTHER KING, JR.
 I envision a world where all chickens will be free to cross roads
 without having their motives called into question.

 GRANDPA
 In my day, we didn't ask why the chicken crossed the road. Someone
 told us that the chicken crossed the road, and that was good enough
 for us.

 ARISTOTLE
 It is the nature of chickens to cross the road.

 KARL MARX
 It was a historical inevitability.

 SADDAM HUSSAIN
 This was an unprovoked act of rebellion and we were quite justified in
 dropping 50 tons of nerve gas on it.

 RONALD REAGAN
 What chicken?

 KEN STARR
 I intend to prove that the chicken crossed the road at the behest of
 the president of the United States of America in an effort to distract
 law enforcement officials and the American public from the criminal
 wrongdoing our highest elected official has been trying to cover up.
 As a result, the chicken is just another pawn in the president's
 ongoing and elaborate scheme to obstruct justice and undermine the
 rule of law. For that reason, my staff intends to offer the chicken
 unconditional immunity provided he cooperates fully with our
 investigation. Furthermore, the chicken will not be permitted to reach
 the other side of the road until our investigation and any
 Congressional follow-up investigations have been completed. (We also are
 investigating whether Sid Blumenthal has leaked information to the
 Rev. Jerry Falwell, alleging the chicken to be homosexual in an effort
 to discredit any useful testimony the bird may have to offer, or at
 least to ruffle his feathers.)

 CAPTAIN JAMES T. KIRK
 To boldly go where no chicken has gone before.

 FOX MULDER
 You saw it cross the road with your own eyes. How many more chickens
 have to cross before you believe it?

 FREUD
 The fact that you are at all concerned that the chicken crossed the
 road reveals your underlying sexual insecurity.

 BILL GATES
 I have just released eChicken 98, which will not only cross roads, but
 will lay eggs, file your important documents, and balance your
 checkbook-and Internet Explorer is an inextricable part of eChicken.

 EINSTEIN
 Did the chicken really cross the road or did the road move beneath the
 chicken?

 BILL CLINTON
 I did not cross the road with THAT chicken. What do you mean by
 chicken? Could you define chicken please?

 LOUIS FARRAKHAN
 The road, you will see, represents the black man. The chicken crossed
 the "black man" in order to trample him and keep him down

 COLONEL SANDERS
 I missed one?

--part2_17.83ec36b.26a114ca_boundary--