The programs are not hard to use, but all require "training" the program to
recognize and transcribe the users voice.  This is accomplished by reading
supplied material into the program. The more time you spend, the better the
program works.

I have used IBM Via Voice successfully.

On Tue, 16 May 2000 21:52:10 +0100, Mick Fitzpatrick wrote:

>Hello
>
>I have a friend who finds it very difficult to type because of health
>reasons.
>
>I am hoping to find a good voice recognition program, that takes very little
>coaching/training.
>
>The price of the software (or maybe associated hardware) is not a problem
>... it just needs to be very easy to use.
>
>Any advice will be appreciated.
>
>TIA ... Mick
>
>                Curious about the people moderating your
>                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
>                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcsoft.html