Thank you for all your help. Several listmates suggested AlkaSeltzer
Gold.

worth. I found taking minerals (magnesium, calcium, potassium) did more
for me. Magnesium seems to correct it quickest, but the mineral balance
is needed.<<<<

Quite a number of people suggested Metamucil for bulking.  Others said
that only Pepto Bismal liquid or tablets helped them.  Many said they had
scripts for Lomotil which is g/f or the generic Lonox.

Someone else suggested paregoric but doesn't know if it is g/f. That one
goes way back to my childhood. Thanks again.

Rosalie (NJ)