----- Original Message -----
From: Harvey Segal <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Monday, March 27, 2000 3:20 PM
Subject: [PCSOFT] Avoiding Dial-up screen

>     After setting up a connection to a new ISP I now find that
>     when I click on an offline htm file, just to view pages in
>     my IE browser, the "Dial-up Connection" screen pops up.
>     How can I prevent this ?

The usual cause of this problem is that the Web page you are trying to
look at references a picture or something that is not on your computer
so it tries to open an Internet connection to get whatever is missing.
Was the page saved with the "complete" option?  You say this is a new
ISP.  Was the file saved from the old ISP or the new one?  It might make
a difference.

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html