I guess I was fortunate in that I didn't have to do much for my dual moniters. I run win 98se and have a diamond stealth 64 pci as primary and a agp rage pro as secondary. I added my second card after windows was set up and it didn't recognize it first so I had to go to control panel system and delete the exsisting video setting and then reboot it recognized both and asked for drivers for each. The second screen only comes up with a message that says if you can read it you have properly installed it and to go to display in control panel to activate it. You then have to give it it's size and color range and click apply and it should stat to work for you you may have to rearrange the images on your desktop . Also both moniters should have the same size settings if one is set for 800x600 the other one should be to. I have had it crash because I carried something from one side to the other and they were at different setttings. the color settings can be different i have one set for true color and one for 16 bit color. That has not given me any problems. I have an award bios and did not make any adjustments to it to accomplish this and I have no idea how to set refresh rates and wouldn't know why I should. I know that win NT runs dual also and the idea is the same but I have never actually done it I do know that my two moniter setup has made like a lot easier to work with this. I wish I could give you more of the technical info you were looking for but maybe someone else here has that. Thanks, Brendhan Horne On Wed, 29 March 2000, Dharam Bhardwaj wrote: > > If someone has worked with dual monitors on a NT or Win98 machine, > could they suggest which video cards worked best, as well as the bios > settings, monitor refresh rate and video drivers. Thanks. > > Curious about the people moderating your > messages? Visit our staff web site: > http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html
Thanks,
Brendhan Horne
------------------------------------------------------------- Sign up for ICQmail at http://www.icq.com/icqmail/signup.html
Curious about the people moderating your messages? Visit our staff web site: http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html