culled from The Observer (Gambianet).

EBOU JALLOW’S STOLEN MONEY $3 MILLION
 RETURNED TO THE GAMBIA

 The SoS for Justice Fatou Bom Bensouda has disclosed
 that the $3 million stolen by Ebou Jallow and deposited in a
 Swiss Bank has been remitted to the Central Bank of The
 Gambia. Speaking to the Daily Observer SoS Bensouda said
 the government of the Gambia used the services of
 Canonica, Clostre and Associates a law firm to win the case
 in Swiss courts. She said the lawyers were paid an amount
 "which is personal" by the Gambian government and that
 there is now nore than two million dollars lying in the Central
 Bank of the Gambia. She said the Governor of the Central
 Bank was one of those who gave evidence in the case.
 Asked whether Ebou Jallow will face the court when he
 comes, SoS Bensouda said " I do not know whether he will
 come back, the point is the money belongs to the
 government of the Gambia and we did what is expected of us
 to get he money back."

 In a letter addressed to the Lawyers, Mrs Bensouda on
 behalf of the Gambia government commended the lawyers for
 the professional way they handled the case.

 Mrs Bensoud concluded, " we are relieved and happy to get
 the money. People were doubting the government claims but
 we have fought to get the money and now it is in our account
 for development purposes".