From: [log in to unmask]
To: [log in to unmask]
cc: [log in to unmask]
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 13:39:01 -0800
Subject: Security Window Film
Sender: [log in to unmask]

Due to demand, I'm posting this to the Preservation List rather then sending it
privately.

Here's what our Crime Prevention Officer, Melissa Locke, says about security
films:

"Security film or glazing is great, but a little expensive.  The products I know
 about are
'Lexan,  Profilon, and/or Scotchguard'.  Most glass shops carry some security
glazing.

Most of them can be applied to an already existing window.  There are different
thicknesses for different needs.   The beauty of them, is that not only are they
not likely to break, if they do break, they tend to stay intact.  This is
important for explosions (like we had from Georgia Pacific),  earthquakes, and
criminal activity.  There won't be glass shattered all around for people to get
hurt on.

The people I know that use them, really like it.  The Police Station I think
ended up with Profilon. "

A quick search on the internet turned up these four sites selling security
window films.
The Shatterguard site is most impressive.  I am not employed by or associated
with any product, and we do not endorse any specific product.
     http://www.confianza.net/
     http://www.glasssentinal.com/
     http://www.glasscoatings.com/
     http://www.shattergard.com/index2.html