C-PALSY  August 1999

C-PALSY August 1999

Re: [ESPA] AD/HD alternatives to ritalin or prescription drugs...

Trisha Cummings <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 9 Aug 1999 09:19:08 -0400

Greeetings all,

        This came in from the Eastern Shore Pagan group and I thought I
would share. TigerPaws is very enthusiastic and I am sure that everyone will
apply their usual grain of salt here( Since this is an area I am not
familiar with - I can't say yea or nay on anything) - however it it full
good info. I felt worth sharing. I am sure many a parent can relate!!

> >As some of you might know my son has been diagnosed with ADHD.
Uncomfortable with the idea of medicating our son and the controversies over
Ritalin and Adderall, we've decided to do some investigating for natural
alternatives.  The best alternative we've found is Super Blue Green Algae
from CellTech. Super Blue Green Algae is naturally harvested in the Klamath
Falls  Lake in Klamath Falls Oregon where I was born.  I've been to that
lake many a times `;~) and know that there is more than enough naturally
produced algae to
never run out!  The algae is not chemically treated and no pesticides,
herbicides
or any other detrimental contamination.
            I've taken the algae when I was pregnant and my iron count had
dropped from the ideal 12.0 to 9.3 and couldn't be raised with iron pills
and orange juice.
After taking it for one week, my iron count had risen to 11.7.  After the
baby
I continued to take the algae and had recuperated much quicker from the
ordeal the birthing process was.  My mother in law takes it for her
arthritis, and
has almost no pain.  She no longer has that pinched look on her face and
 actually relaxes occasionally `;~).  My father in law takes it also.  He no
longer
has panic attacks and his asthama has lessened.
            My son has been taking the algae for 5 weeks and has been able
to enjoy
life more (no whining constantly <G>), made great strides in summer school
and
was much improved 2 weeks later.  He does not act as aggressively or act out
as
much.
        I do not sell this product and am in no way connected to the
company.  I
just wanted to share with my friends the wonderful benefits that can be had
with
algae.  The websites and associations I'm including will name other
alternatives also `;~).  I have several more resources and newsletters,
email list addresses
and such at home.
> >http://adhdoutreach.com/nutrition.htm adhd nutritional site
> >http://adhdoutreach.com/Tayloradhd.htm -Dr. Taylor discusses the
connection
> >between algae and AD/HD
> >http://www.eatonalgae.com- Super Blue Green Algae site, has the
nutritional
> >compositions of algae.
> >http://www.celltech.com-- The company that makes Super Blue Green Algae.
> >http://adhdoutreach.com/Feedkids.html- recommended plan for supplementing
with the Super Blue Green Algae.

> > National Attention Deficit Disorder Association (ADDA),
> > P.O. Box 972, Mentor, Ohio 44061; (800) 487-2282.
> > Information and reference material about adults and
> > children with the disorder; also publishes a newsletter, Challenge.
> >
> > CHADD (Children and Adults with Attention Deficit
> > Disorder), 499 N.W. 70th Ave., Suite 101, Plantation, Fla. 33317;
> > (800) 233-4050; (954) 587-3700.
> > Nonprofit group with  more than 650 branches; publishes
> > two newsletters and a magazine for parents of children
> > with the disorder.
> >
> > The Feingold Association of the United States, Feingold
> > Parents, P.O. Box 6550,
> > Alexandria, Va. 22306; (800) 321-FAUS.
> > Nonprofit volunteer organization dedicated to increasing
> > awareness of the potential role of foods and synthetic
> > additives in behavior, learning and health problems; provides
> > information about a diet eliminating synthetic colors,
> > synthetic flavors and the preservatives BHA, BHT and TBHQ.
> >
> > Parents Against Ritalin  (PAR), National Headquarters,
> > 225 S. Brady, Claresmore, Okla. 74017;
> > (800) 469-5929 or (918) 342-5125; fax (918) 342-2324; e-mail
> www.p-a-r.org.
> >
> > http://www.p-a-r.com
> > National  association of parents  educates the public about
> > natural alternatives available  for managing ADD/ADHD.
> >
> > ADD WareHouse,
> >300 N.W. 70th Ave., Suite 102, Plantation, Fla. 33317; (954) 792-8944.
> >Provides catalogues with books, learning aids, games and other items.
> >
> > ADHD Outreach, Dearborn, Mich.,
> > Chris and Debbie
> > Timco; (313) 277-2527.
> >
> > ADDult News, c/o Mary Jane Johnson, ADDult Support
> > Network, 2620 Ivy Place,
> > Toledo, Ohio 43613.

                               Brightest Blessings - Trisha/Raynyng Angel