From:
MRS MELODY D GABRIEL <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Nov 1994 10:07:49 EST

PUMPKIN DUMP CAKE
I found this recipe on the TV BB on Prodigy! I have posted
it
before but this is a newer version modified on 10/15/94.
Melody in NH

              "Pumpkin Dump Cake"

Preheat oven 400 degrees.
Prepare 1 large can Pumpkin Pie Filling according to
direction on can---for two pies.
Pour ("dump") into 9X13 pan

Bake 15 minutes at 400 degrees then reduce to 350 degrees for
20 minutes.  Remove from oven and dump (1) box of GF dry white
cake mix over pumpkin.  Or, take a GF dry white cake mix and
add 1 tsp.  cinnamon, 1/2 tsp nutmeg and 1/2 tsp ginger, mix
thouroughly to make a spice cake and spread over the top of the
pumpkin.

Take a knife and cut (but do not mix) cake mix in criss-crosses
into pie filling.  (This gives a crumbly topping effect.
Return to oven for 1 hour or until pie filling is done.  Test
with knife to see if it comes out clean.

Remove and cool.  Chill for a few hours.  Serve into squares
with whipped cream or cool whip.  Serves several adults or
four teenagers!!  This is yummie!!!

Happy GF Thanksgiving to you all!  Melody in NH