From:
Jim Meagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Feb 1998 23:43:12 -0500
Wayne&Tammy wrote:

> Hello all,
>
>    I've just come across a problem that has me stumped.  I just took a Hard
> drive out of a brand new machine to copy its contents to another drive
> which has been corrupted, in an identical machine.
>
>    When the machine boots, it gives me a "missing operating system" error.

Even though you said you are 100% positive, there is something
that the PC doesn't like.  Did you plug the "working" drive into
the PRIMARY ide connector?  Go back and TRIPLE check your connections.
Also, pull the data cable and make sure you did not bend any pins on
the drive.

--
Jim Meagher

          PCBUILD:  http://nospin.com  or  [log in to unmask]