NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"John E. Cornell" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Feb 1997 13:11:10 EST
Next time you stroll down your supermarket aisle, take a good look at the
ingredients of "Cool Whip" or any other similar "non-dairy topping."  In
many instances it will have various labels to the effect that it's
non-dairy, including "Parve" but boldly on the list of ingredients you
will find "Sodium Casienate" which is a form of Casein, derived from
diary.

I can tolerate lactose until the cows come home, but casein is another
story - I had to learn this lesson from experience.

As I used to tell the new kids: "Just because it's Kosher doesn't mean
it's good for you."

When I meet the Almighty, I want to ask Him why He designed casein the
way He did - but then again, I suspect that He'll be setting the agenda
for the discussion, so maybe I won't learn why then either.

||  John E. Cornell - Rockville, MD  ||
||  Oh Lord, help me today to be more like Jesus, and less like me.  ||