From:
Chris Fincham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 May 1997 12:05:09 -0400
A quesion re. feeding dogs.  Before discovering Paleothin, I fed our dogs on
what I thought was a "natural" diet, including oatmeal, raw meats, grated
fruits & veggies, raw egg once or twice a week, a little olive oil, nuts for
treats...  About a month ago, I omitted the oatmeal and upped the meat
concentration.

They were happy with the change, but within two weeks all four of them
developed an absolute craving for fresh manure.  They've always enjoyed an
occasional manure snack, but now they're eating it every day.  I can't
figure this out - our livestock don't eat grain, so I assume they're not
trying to replace the oatmeal content of their diet.  What could they be
getting from grass manure that's not in the diet?

Chris
Dunsford, Ontario
(where I'm still wearing an winter coat and can see my breath in the
morning.  Where's spring?)