NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 15 Feb 1997 01:06:14 +0000
There have been a few questions raised to me and Don regarding the
review procedure and our policy on posting, so I want to clear these
up.

The welcome message you all received when you subscribed wasn't very
clear, so I have rewritten it and reposted it to the listserver. It
also contains updated information on the new server address. You can
get a copy by sending the following message to
[log in to unmask] - GET NO-MILK WELCOME. All new
subscribers will get the new message.

Here are the most important passages that have been added or updated:

1. THE REVIEW PROCESS
 newsgroups.
iii. It is not relevant to the topics discussed on this list.
 iv. It contains language that may cause offense to other list users.
  v. It contains excessive quoting of a previous post (see below)

If your post is not acceptable, the list-owner will return it to you,
stating the reason(s) for the rejection. You are then free to adapt it
and send it in again, where it will be reviewed again. If your post is
accepted, it will be passed on to the list, and you will be put on
NO-REVIEW status, which means that all of your posts go straight to
the list. As long as you continue to abide by the rules as set out in
this message, no more of your messages to the list will be reviewed.

2. INCLUDE ONLY RELEVANT LINES FROM MESSAGES YOU ARE QUOTING
The list-owners want to make a special point of this. It may sound
petty, but there are several good reasons for this policy: - Including
a complete message in your reply wastes resources and readers'
  time.
- The NO-MILK list has searchable archives. These are there for the
benefit of all. Excessive quoting of previous messages not only
doubles the size of the archives, taking up valuable disk space, it
also makes searches on key words more difficult.  The ability to
SELECTIVELY quote from a previous message with the addition of your
comments is available in most e-mail readers. Selective quoting is
acceptable. Quoting the whole text, or just leaving it in at the
bottom of your reply isn't. If you have any questions about this
policy, please ask. The policy is there for everyone's benefit.

I hope that this clears up any questions you may have had about these
points. For further information, please obtain and read the new
welcome message as described above.

listowners
Max Desorgher <[log in to unmask]>
Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]>