PALEODIET Archives

Paleolithic Diet Symposium List

PALEODIET@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Staffan Lindeberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Mar 1997 16:07:05 +0100
Ray may be right that survival on the grasslands of our African ancestors
depended on game rather than vegetables, unless these grasslands differed
from Ray's own hunting habitat. What we need to know is whether our
ancestors were mainly confined to such open grasslands during human
evolution. Perhaps they stayed near the waters and perhaps their habitats
differed. As far as I can figure out we don't even know for sure that there
was savanna at the places in question and if so what kind of savanna. I
would expect Ray's diet to be very healthy, but the question is if
saturating vegetables rich in carbohydrates with a low glycemic index could
have been part of lower Paleolithic diets and hence healthy too. Until
further notice I consider humans omnivores.

Staffan Lindeberg