NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 13 Feb 1997 08:14:35 -0500
Robert Cohen wrote:

> There is something critically horrible in the processing of milk.  It is
> called homogenization.  We take milk, shoot it through a filter with
> 10,000 holes at high speed, and make the fat molecules (liposomes)
> smaller (micronization).
>
> These fat molecules protect protein hormones, including my personal
> favorite, insulin-like growth factor-I (IGF-I) so that the hormone
> bypasses the hypothetical construct known as "gut closure."
So, drinking non-homoginzed milk would reduce this problem?

> IGF-I is the most powerful growth hormone in the human body.
>
> You will not find IGF-I in lettuce or rutabega or chicken.  As a matter
> of fact, the IGF-1 in the human body is identical to the IGF-I in only
> one other animal and that's the cow.
Is goat milk, cheese, yogurt then OK from a hormonal point of view, or
are there similar problems with it? If yes, what?

> When we eat steak the IGF-I is destr5oyed by strong digestive enzymes.
> Milk, however, buffers the gastric acidity so that these protein
> hormones survive digestion.
I believe I already asked you this, but this may have been in private
e-mail. Since I don't drink milk, but do eat other dairies, such as
yogurt, is this buffering still a problem? I thought yogurt was acidic
(at least the non-flavored one).

Ilya