PCBUILD  July 2016, Week 3

PCBUILD July 2016, Week 3

Re: HELP PLEASE!!!!

Michael Eisenstadt <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 18 Jul 2016 10:30:13 -0500

I once had computer seized by a fake FBI ransom page which
froze the system. I turned it off and booted up in Safe Mode,
did not see the ransom page and was able to run Malwarebytes
and Avast one or both of which apparently zapped the badware.

That occured running Windows XP some years ago. So is it
possible that going into Safe Mode is to be recommended?

Mike Eisenstadt

                          PCSOFT's List Owners:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                        Mark Rode<[log in to unmask]>