GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Anthony W Loum <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 May 1999 23:29:53 -0700
This is a forwarded message ----------

From: [log in to unmask] (Alieu Cham)

        THIS MAILING LIST IS JUST A BUNCH OF CRY BABIES!!!!!!! I CAN JUST

HEAR SOMEOF U NOW: "WHO DOES THIS MAN THINK HE IS TO CHANGE THE HOST
WITHOUT
LETTING ME KNOW?" Please this is not an organization, club or anywhere
were
u pay ur dues, and expect accountability form ur leaders. The manager is
not
accountable to any of u.

   Okay people, what is the big deal if the host is changed.

1. Is this going to cost the subscribers anything at all, as far as
transfer
fee an so on.

2. IS it going to cost u any inconvenience such as delays in receiving
your
messages(if so u should be greatful because some of u need to a chill
peel
to keep u away from this list anyway)

3. Does the previous or is the future host benefit at all for hosting
us(if
i'm not mistaken they are doing us a favor at no cost--open
correction----so
u better be glad we at least have a host)

4. some of u complaining, were u at the table when the founders of
gambia-L
took Unv. of washington as their host. If not why are u worrying about
the
reasons for changes.(I can see if u are worried that we might be kicked
out
of U.Wash. for some of our unruly subscribers; thus u are concerned about

the immage of our country men and women, instead most of u seem to be
worried about how much power the manger has. Power? I know, as Africans,
our
greatest phobia is too much power, but people this is not the place worry

about that.

5. Are u paying him out of pocaket or through some form of taxation?

6..Just incase u were informed in time, what would be your exact
propossals?
Please, some of don't even know a thing about computers, except that it
is a
machine that u turn on and off and use the keyboard to type.

5. And finally, ask yourself this: "if they change the host of gambia_l
from
washington to Atlanta, New York, D.c or even to Banjul how is this going
affect me in anyway form or fashion as long as my mails still continued
get to me.

   Until u can genuinely tell the list the kind of devastation the
changing
of host will do to u, i don't think u should bother, who ever the manager

is, with these childish bickerings.

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]