GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 8 Jun 1999 17:54:55 EDT
Inna  Lillahi wa inna  illiahi rajioon,

May Allah Ta'ala  rest his soul in perfect peace, and grant him a place in
his Jannah. For those  of us who grew  up in Half Die, Alhadjie Babou Samba
is an institution. l remember his recitations at "Gammos" along with the
likes of the late great Imam, Serigne Lamin Bah, Tafsir  Demba Jagne and
co.Indeed a  man well versed in the deen is gone to meet his maker. May Allah
 keep us on the Siratul Mustaheem as he had  kept them on it. My sincere
condolences to the Samba  family and extended family, and especially to my
friend Saul Samba.

Jabou Joh
<<
 Early this morning, Banjul, Senegambia, Africa and the Muslim world lost yet
 another one of their great men who dedicated his entire life to Islam. "He
 is one of the four pillars the city of Banjul is resting on" was once quoted
 by Imam Ahhagie Abdoulie Jobe and  what happens if yet another pillar falls
 down. February 1910 was when he was born and departed to the call of the
 Almighty on June, 8th 1999, yes we have lost Alhagie Babou Samba.

 The name may sound familiar to some and ring a loud bell to others, but he
 is the Alhagie Babou of 54 Hagan St, Banjul and Daa-iratul Haasiheen. I have
 lost a friend, uncle, grandfather but most importantly my "WASEELA" together
 with all the boys of Haasiheen.

 I started working on his authobiography a couple of years ago and hoped that
 it would be ready during his lifetime but I have just found today that, that
 will not happen. We will still continue the good will and thanks so far to
 those who have contributed to it.

 I condole the entire family both in The Gambia and abroad and the
 descendants of Sheikh Ahmad Tejan in Fezz, Morocco.

 May his soul rest in perfect peace.