PCBUILD  August 2012

PCBUILD August 2012

Re: Help... How do you clone a SCSI drive to a larger SCSI drive?

"Jose E. Dominguez" <[log in to unmask]>

Sat, 25 Aug 2012 12:13:21 -0400

I recall Norton not being able to do this, not because of the SCSI drive
but because of the server OS. I use to use something called Server Magic
for servers, not sure if they are still around. I have also used Acronis
with server 2003 and they are still around. As far as the jumpers go as
long as they are not the same you should be fine, the second drive does
not have to necessarily be 1. If you are removing the smaller drive
after the job is done you don't even have to jumper the larger one to 0,
just set it as the boot drive in the controller.

HTH,

Jose

On 08/23/12 9:05 AM, Hachmeyer, Mr. Paul S. wrote:
> I haven't dealt with SCSI drives in a while, but does Norton Ghost do this? It performs a full disk copy from one disk to another.  Norton often includes it with other software products, and probably still sells it by itself.
> Paul Hachmeyer

                     visit our download web page at
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml