PCBUILD  August 2012

PCBUILD August 2012

Re: Help... How do you clone a SCSI drive to a larger SCSI drive?

Fri, 24 Aug 2012 09:05:07 -0700

  We use Ghost on campus to roll out complete system images to entire
labs of machines at once -- I hadn't realized it could be used to
duplicate drives/partitions within a single machine.
  Norton used to sell a product called PartitionMagic (not, if I recall
correctly, originally developed by them) that included the ability to
clone partitions/drives, and these days I use a very similar utility
from Easeus (which is, I think, free for strictly personal use, and even
paid it is quite reasonably priced...).  I'm not aware of any limitation
that would prevent these utilities from handling drives whose physical
interface happens to be SCSI rather than EIDE or SATA, but I don't have
a SCSI system any more and so haven't needed to try it.

David Gillett