GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ceesay Soffie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Jun 1999 09:07:47 -0400
Hello all -

Thank you so very much for the prayer(s) you sent out for our sister Mam
Hudia Nyang.  She has passed on but will never be forgotten for she was a
ray of sunshine within the SeneGambian community in the Washington area.  If
you did not know her, you knew of her as was evidenced by the outpouring of
support from all.

The amount of money raised to take her back to Senegal was many times more
than what was needed and I fervently hope that the community will pull
together in the same manner to remember and bring the daughter she left
behind into our fold, to not forget her.

I am also appealling to all to please make an effort to learn some basic
life saving methods, the easiest of which is CPR.  CPR can help sustain
breathing (God willing) until expert help arrives and it costs only $20 at
your local Red Cross center.  Again, thank you.

Soffie