From:
Carol Feehan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 May 1997 12:23:10 -0700
>You lay frozen meat or anything else on it, and the alloy is so conductive
>that it will wick heat right into your meat and thaw it in something like
>15 minutes or less. I would love to get my hands on one of these things,
>but I'm not sure where to look for them. Anybody have any leads? Thanks,

I've seen these in shopping malls in the "As Seen On TV" type shops -- you
know, the ones that have all the handy-dandy Ronco products et al.

Personally, I find that the microwave is an excellent defrost tool.

            /carol in seattle

carol feehan          [log in to unmask]
"There are your fog people and your sun people, he said.
 I said I wasn't sure which kind I was. He nodded.
 Fog'll do that to you, he said."