C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Carla MacInnis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Dec 1998 22:10:43 -0800
Hi Mag,

  Your cat sounds very much like my Mr. Basil (RIP), a sleek black cat of supreme
intelligence. He would fetch and return a toy mouse. My first Cairn Mr. Clancy,
would sit and wait his turn to fetch and carry. I'd tell each to sit and they'd
plunk their butts down waiting for the mouse to fly through the air. I'd put a
hand in front of the one who had to wait while the other dashed after the mouse
and rushed back. Invariably, the toy would be dropped in front of the next animal
whose turn it was. Too funny.

  One of my current felines, Mr. Bazo (named after Basil) has the same fetching
thing going. I'm convinced my animals know I'm "different" somehow. They don't
mess with my feet, and Mr. Jake the Cairn will always wait til I'm seated before
approaching me. He never leaps up at me as he does with others. And at play time,
he waits for me to get down on the floor with him. Only thing with Jake is if
there is a cat in his way when he runs after his ball, he'll run right over it.
Gets pretty frantic when they swat at him as he goes by. He still doesn't realize
they're trying to play with him.

  Pets are great!

Cheers!

Carla
http://www.brunnet.net/terrier
http://www.brunnet.net/terrier/child.htm for pics of me as a kid - don't dare
laugh at my hair cut. I know where you live!