GAMBIA-L  October 2007, Week 4

GAMBIA-L October 2007, Week 4

Re: The Point Newspaper-Pa Sallah Jeng Acquitted

Haruna Darbo <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 24 Oct 2007 18:10:39 EDT

Thanx for sharing this news of overdue relief. I mean, I went through the
litany of charges and reviewing the particular sections that the prosecutors
attested Pa Sallah was in breach of, I could not invent any culpability on the
part of Pa Sallah Jeng. I mean even an illiterate prosecutor cannot divine an
iota of culpability. I think these idiots are doing Yahya enormous harm by
malicious prosecution by proxy and he ought to discipline them if only to
demonstrate his disdain for such corrosive activity.

Now that Pa Sallah has been acquitted of all outstanding charges, I wonder
if the Yahya and the court will consider remedy and or compensation in the form
 of re-instating Pa as mayor of Banjul, an honour he deserved by election and
 retro-active pay for the time he was denied serving as mayor. The activity
of  these rogue prosecutors threaten to tarnish Yahya's character and record
further  and doing nothing to remedy Pa Sallah's false persecution will not
afford  Yahya any more goodwill or consideration among the citizens of Gambia.

I hope Pa Sallah's attorneys seek redress for him by appealing to the  courts.

Haroun Masoud. MQDT. Darbo. Join us in prayer and volunteering where able  to
mitigate the damage in life and property of the people of California. I am
extremely proud of Governor Swarzenegger for his hands-on can-do attitude. I
ask  Yahya call for a national day of mourning and prayer for our friends in
California. I have sponsored a team of volunteers from North Carolina to assist
in remediation. That is what I (one) can do. I urge all Gambians resident in
California to seek time off from their employers and school to assist with
the  devastation in the San Diego and Bernardo areas. Al Mutawakkil.

In a message dated 10/24/2007 10:39:25 A.M. Mountain Daylight Time,