From:
"Wendy E. Betts" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Nov 1994 11:59:47 PST

Karen writes:

   I just pulled a tetra-pak of liquid rice dream (vanilla) from my pantry.
   There is no mention of anything that might leave a gluten reside in the
   ingredient list, which reads as follows: filtered water, brown rice
   (partially milled), safflower oil, vanilla, sea salt.

   Note that "partial milling" is generally a *mechanical* (not chemical or
   enzymatic) process.

   > Has anyone called or written Rice Dream and asked about this particular
   > question? I will try to find my notes on this.

   If you need to write:

   Imagine Foods
   299 California Avenue
   Palo Alto  CA  94306

   This address is good for product information and their free recipe booklet.

Karen, does this mean that you've checked with them about the vanilla
they use? Because that is certainly something that can leave a gluten
residue...most of the accidental exposures I have to gluten are
through vanilla that's extracted from alchohol.

Wendy, [log in to unmask]