From:
Samantha Welch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 May 1997 10:54:50 -0700
> As far as eggs are concerned, I've noticed something lately.  When I was a
> kid, and cracked open an egg, the albumen was very thick and "gooey"
> looking.  Today, when I crack an egg open, it's almost as if there's a yolk
> and water.  And frequently, the yolks are very small.  So I don't think
> that today's eggs have anything to do with the eggs of 25-30 years ago.  I
> would gladly pay double for better ones, but you simply can't find them
> around here.
Until a few years ago we always bought homegrown, and yes they are so
much better (and tastier) than commercially produced eggs.  There might
be a small town near by that sells them, you would have to ask the locals!

                         Sam!

"A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well
that no one would find fault with what he had done." - Cardinal
Newman