PCBUILD  May 2006

PCBUILD May 2006

Re: Satellite Internet Access Problem

David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 19 May 2006 07:22:35 -0700

  Having the MTU set a little too small shouldn't be a problem; I was hoping
it could turn out to be a little too big.  If you've already tried those
smaller values, then that's not the problem.

  The other possibilities I've thought of so far are "extra" things that
they could be doing on their network -- things that, so far as I can see,
would have the purpose of frustrating customers trying to use a router and
multiple PCs instead of just a single PC at a time.
  BUT if that were true, that should be a published policy, and their
support folks would have just said "we don't allow/support routers" rather
than trying to help troubleshoot your problem.

  I'll give this a bit more thought, and see if I can come up with any other
theories that make sense.

David Gillett