From:
Dean Esmay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 May 1997 16:12:54 -0400
I found this page:

http://www.ansi.okstate.edu/breeds/

..heartening to read because finally a source (Oklahoma State University)
stated the benefit of eating meat animals.  According to them, it takes 3
pounds of plant matter to make one pound of animal, but 2/3rds of the plant
matter food animals eat is unsuitable or indigestible to humans.

Take that, vegetarians of the world.  :-)

By the way, surprisingly, I'm finding the very hardest thing to give up on
a paleolithic diet is vinegar!  It's easy to adjust to certain things but
it's surprising how often vinegar shows up in all sorts of condiments that
make food more interesting: mustard, mayo, tabasco, hot peppers, pickles,
etc.  I was excited to see the new recipe for mayo posted to the list, I
tried Ray's in Neander Thin and it didn't turn out too good for me.  (Dunno
if it was me or the recipe though.)

 -=-=-

Once in a while you get shown the light/
 In the strangest of places if you look at it right   ---Robert Hunter

http://www.syndicomm.com/esmay