C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Bobby Greer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Dec 1998 22:54:58 -0500
>At 11:14 PM 12/18/98 -0500, you wrote:
>------------------------------<snip>----------------------------------------
>---------------
>>
>>Bob,
>>
>>        I know Austin's changed alot from my daughter and her husband. How
>are
>>you? Read anything by Molly Ivans, lately? What's Ann Richards up to now?
>>

>        I'm doing OK, getting older & "more CPier" (I don't know if it's
>peculiar
>to spastics, or if it cuts across the whole CP group).    BTW: do/did you
>know Tom Morrison, a CP who was Exec. Dir. of UCP Dallas for most of the
>'70s & 80s?
>        Molly?   I usually just read the opening graph of her stories, to
>see what
>topic I'd disagree with h er on if I read the whole article.   But
>sometimes I'm scared to note I agree with her!  A few months ago she got on
>our State Board of Education "moral majority" (or whatever the Christian
>right is calling itself these days) for selling off its profitable Disney
>stock because they objected to "Pulp Fiction" & a couple more similar
>violence-glorifying films from Disney).
>        Ann Richards has been very silent lately.
>        I hope you all have a good Austin  Christmas.
>Bob

Bob,

`       I'm spastic, too, and notice that my muscles cramp easier and are often
sore, but I usually write that off to my sedentary lifestyle as well as
being over weight. We heard about the Disney sell-off up here. It's scary.
I know the
religious right wing is agin' lots of things, but making money never seemed
adversive to them before? Maybe they were trying to make a statement.

        Yes, I knew Tom. In fact, I believe he was one of the subjects I
interviewed for my dissertation. I did not know him well. I understand he
went
to UT after I did.

Bobby