Skip repetitive navigational links
'; return true" onMouseOut="window.status=''; return true") >Previous More Hitsmessage'; return true" onMouseOut="window.status=''; return true") >Next message'; return true" onMouseOut="window.status=''; return true") >Previous More Hitsin topic'; return true" onMouseOut="window.status=''; return true") >Next in topic'; return true" onMouseOut="window.status=''; return true") >Previous More Hitsby same author'; return true" onMouseOut="window.status=''; return true") >Next by same author'; return true" onMouseOut="window.status=''; return true") >Previous page (January 2005)'; return true" onMouseOut="window.status=''; return true") >Back to main PCSOFT page'; return true" onMouseOut="window.status=''; return true") >Subscribe or Unsubscribe to PCSOFT'; return true" onMouseOut="window.status=''; return true") >Reply'; return true" onMouseOut="window.status=''; return true") >Post a new message'; return true" onMouseOut="window.status=''; return true") >Search >Proportional font >Non-proportional fontLog in

Re: Windows Media Player Problem

Al Thompson <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 7 Jan 2005 22:13:03 -0800

Pat,

- I don't know if this will help, but I tried to play the file and got this...

Windows Media Player cannot find the specified file. Be sure the path is typed correctly. If it is, the file does
not exist at the specified location, or the computer where the file is stored is offline.

- Then I clicked on "More info" and got this from the WMV helpfile...

0xC00D1197: Cannot play the file
Windows Media Player cannot play the file. You may encounter this error message for one of the following reasons:

Your computer is not connected to the local area network (LAN) or to the Internet. Connect to the network or
Internet, and then try again.

The path to the file is not valid. If you typed a Uniform Resource Locator (URL) in the Open URL dialog box, ensure
that the file name is spelled correctly and the path to the file is correct, and then try again. If you clicked a
link on a Web page, the link may not be valid.

The server is down or busy. Try again later.

The proxy server settings for the Player are not configured properly. Verify that your proxy settings are correct,
and then try again.

Some network protocols in the Player are not enabled. Enable all network protocols, and then try again.

To enable all network protocols
On the Tools menu, click Options, and then click the Network tab.
In the Streaming protocols area, select all the protocol check boxes.
To verify your proxy server settings
On the Tools menu, click Options, and then click the Network tab.
Verify your settings in the Streaming proxy settings area.
 Note

If you do not know what your proxy server settings should be, on the Network tab, select a protocol, click
Configure, and then select Autodetect proxy settings or Use proxy settings of the Web browser (available for HTTP
protocol only).
Error ID = 0xC00D1197, Condition ID = 0x00000000

- I have little problem running other WMV files on the Internet, so maybe the problem is not your machine(?).
- Good luck!

Al Thompson