From:
Chris Fincham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 May 1997 20:35:18 -0400
Summary of posts:  "the recipe makes vegetarian soup - why wouldn't you use
beef broth or meat while making it?"

My husband chooses to follow a different diet which entails no meat before
suppertime.  Friends and family respect my nutritional choices and
buy/prepare special meals for me.  So I do the same.  I still cook
vegetarian dishes (when made with allowable foods, many vegetarian dishes
are easily converted with the addition of meat to my serving).  I still
bake bread - I haven't lost my enjoyment of the process or of the delicious
odor.  I still make ice cream.  The fact that "forbidden fruits" abound in
my cupboards & fridge doesn't mean that I'm forced to eat them.

Chris