Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
"Richard J. Doyle" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Feb 1998 04:06:27 -0600
Two questions:

1) How recently have you updated McAfee's data files?

2) Were you running both at the same time?

Richard J. Doyle
members.tripod.com/~Doyle_R/index.htm

There should be some things we don't name.  Just so we can sit around all day and wonder what they are.

-----Original Message-----
From:   Information Technology [SMTP:[log in to unmask]]
Sent:   Saturday, February 07, 1998 11:26 PM
To:     [log in to unmask]
Subject:        virus that McAfee can't detect & Norton can't clean!

I've had McAfee AV on my Pentium clone running WIN95 for some time but
yesterday I installed Norton AV. Right away it announced that I had NYB
Boot virus on two hard drives. It asked if I wanted to proceed with
cleaning y/n. I pressed yes. It repeated the question. I pressed yes again,
it asked the question again, over and over. Finally I pressed no, and it
STILL asked the question again over and over till I had to reset the
computer. When it rebooted the computer, Norton AV automatically loaded,
and asked me the question again, over and over! At this point I was
completely locked out of my own PC!

Finally I thought of using F8 to step through the start up files and delete
Norton AV from the boot sequence. Now I'm afraid I still have a boot sector
virus that McAfee can't detect, but Norton can't clean.

Any ideas?

Paul Walker
Information Technology                  [log in to unmask]

          PCSOFT:  http://nospin.com  or  [log in to unmask]

          PCSOFT:  http://nospin.com  or  [log in to unmask]