NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
April Wells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Jan 1997 20:43:55 -0500
Amy;

I, too, have been trying to squeeze calcium out of other foods besides milk.
The vegetable best for calcium (so I hear) is broccoli, but again, one can
only eat so much of the stuff.  The following also contains some calcium,
but I don't know exactly how much; almonds, sesame seeds (like Tahini, the
spread made from sesame seeds), romaine lettuce, pinto beans, and salmon
with bones in it.  If anyone knows of anymore good sources of calcium,
please let me know too!

As for protein; serve rice with a legume (like rice and chickpeas, or rice
and kidney beans).  The two combined provide a complete-protein.