From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 May 1997 08:58:33 -0400
On Tue, 20 May 1997, Chris Fincham wrote:

> Yet in spite of our ability to reason and to plan, we will not consider
> resolving the problems of overpopulation/dwindling resources by ensuring
> that fewer of us are born.  We demand the right to reproduce at will...which
> is really no more than philosophical justification for selfish
> gratification.  We take the easy way out, no matter the consequences to
> future generations, to other species, or to this planet.

If we consider the fact that the age of puberty in women in the
U.S. has gone from 17 to 13 in the last 100 years as our
consumption of complex carbohydrates has gone up, and the fact
that h/g women experience considerably longer intervals between
children, we might suppose that the paleodiet could be an
important part of the solution to the problem.

Todd Moody