From:
Dharam Bhardwaj <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Feb 1998 09:51:08 -0700
On Sat, 7 Feb 1998, Dennis Noble wrote:

> >At 05:22 PM 2/6/98 -0500, you wrote:
> >>Just got a call from a friend with a new computer. It is a "barebones"
> 586.
> >>his question? How do you open a "Screwless" case?  Since I haven't seen
> one
> >>yet I can't help him.  Do any of you have an idea?  He can't put in the
> >>floppy drives etc. until he can get the case open.  The only identifier on
> >>the case is MAX Technologies.
> >
> >I have only worked with one screwless case, it had two buttons on the sides
> >to push in.  They were obvious, though, so probably no help there.  Just a
> >guess here:  Look for some small slots to insert a screw driver blade.
>

> I have also worked with a screwless case that had a handle in the front that
> you had to pull down in order to unlatch it.

I have worked on screwless cases. There is a company in California that
makes them. The one I worked on - the front cover comes off by pulling
from the bottomm, then the top. Good case to work with .

  Dharam Bhardwaj                    |
  E-mail:    [log in to unmask]     |
  Fax:       403-282-8969            |

          PCBUILD:  http://nospin.com  or  [log in to unmask]