From:
Grant Magnuson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 May 1997 15:45:07 -0700
from an address ending in "harvard.edu"

a snip from a long list:

The mini-Annals of Improbable Research ("mini-AIR")
Issue Number 1997-05
May, 1997
ISSN 1076-500X
Key words: improbable research, science humor, Ig Nobel, AIR, the
A free newsletter of tidbits too tiny to fit in
The Annals of Improbable Research (AIR),
the journal of inflated research and personalities
1997-05-13      Love Amidst the Textbooks: Neandertalia

Several overheated parties sent suggestions for the AIR Campaign
or Textbook Improvement ("AIRCTI -- pronounced "AIR kitty").
AIRCTI aims to warm the cold, emotionless textbooks of today by
adding  to each a love interest.

Here is proposal from investigator Lorena Madrigal:

Biological anthropology textbooks are in great need of some love
or lust or both as a tool to test whether Neandertals were member
of our own species. Neandertals (with their distinct morphology)
have been considered by some authors as members of a different
species, and by others as members of our own, simply a regional
variant. Certainly, a love story (mating must occur) between a
Neandertal and a Homo sapiens would clarify the issue.

-----> SPEAR and STONE <-----
Grant         [log in to unmask]
http://www.mountain-inter.net/~magnuson/