C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Bob Hester <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Dec 1998 00:59:46 -0600
At 11:14 PM 12/18/98 -0500, you wrote:
------------------------------<snip>----------------------------------------
---------------

>Bob,
>
>        I know Austin's changed alot from my daughter and her husband. How
are
>you? Read anything by Molly Ivans, lately? What's Ann Richards up to now?

        I'm doing OK, getting older & "more CPier" (I don't know if it's peculiar
to spastics, or if it cuts across the whole CP group).    BTW: do/did you
know Tom Morrison, a CP who was Exec. Dir. of UCP Dallas for most of the
'70s & 80s?
        Molly?   I usually just read the opening graph of her stories, to see what
topic I'd disagree with h er on if I read the whole article.   But
sometimes I'm scared to note I agree with her!  A few months ago she got on
our State Board of Education "moral majority" (or whatever the Christian
right is calling itself these days) for selling off its profitable Disney
stock because they objected to "Pulp Fiction" & a couple more similar
violence-glorifying films from Disney).
        Ann Richards has been very silent lately.
        I hope you all have a good Austin  Christmas.
Bob