C-PALSY  July 2002

C-PALSY July 2002

Re: Men's Insight

Fri, 12 Jul 2002 09:39:21 -0400

oh, my, ...

-----Original Message-----
From: BG Greer, PhD [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Friday, July 12, 2002 9:30 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Men's Insight

--part1_4a.e38f646.2a6033df_boundary

This was sent to me by my dear wife! LOL

Bobby
In a message dated 7/11/02 7:54:34 AM, gaga1196 writes:

><   AS WOMEN AGE
>

><<
>It is important for men to remember that as women grow older it becomes
>harder for them to maintain the same quality of housekeeping they did when
>they were younger. When men notice this, they should try not to yell.
>
>Let me relate how I handle the situation.
>

>When I chucked my job and took early retirement a year ago, it became
necessary
>for Nancy to get a full-time job both for extra income and for health
insurance
>benefits that we need. She was a trained lab tech when we met thirty some
>years ago and was fortunate to land a job at the local medical center as
>a phlebotomist. It was shortly after she started working at this job that
>I noticed that she was beginning to show her age.
>

>I usually get home from fishing or hunting about the same time she gets
>home from work. Although she knows how hungry I am, she almost always says
>that she has to rest for half an hour or so before she starts supper. I
>try not to yell at her when this happens. Instead, I tell her to take her
>time. I understand that she is not as young as she used to be. I just tell
>her to wake me when she finally does get supper on the table. She used
>to wash and dry the dishes as soon as we finished eating. It is now not
>unusual for them to sit on the table for several hours after supper.  I
>do what I can by reminding her several times each evening that they  aren't
>cleaning themselves. I know she appreciates this, as it does seem to help
>her get them done before she goes to bed.
>
>Our washer and dryer are in the basement. When she was younger,  Nancy
>used to be able to go up and down the stairs all day and not get tired.
>Now that she is older she seems to get tired so much more quickly.
Sometimes
>she says she just can't make another trip down those steps.  I don't make
>a big issue of this. As long as she finishes up the laundry the next
evening
>I am willing to overlook it.
>

>Not only that, but unless I need something ironed to wear to the Monday's
>lodge meeting or to Wednesday's or Saturday's prayer meeting or to
Tuesday's

From: [log in to unmask]
Full-name: gaga1196
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 09:54:34 EDT
Subject: Fwd: Just for Fun
To: [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]

--part2_4a.e38f646.2a5ee81a_boundary

--part2_4a.e38f646.2a5ee81a_boundary

From: [log in to unmask]
Full-name: PinkE001
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 21:49:24 EDT
Subject: Just for Fun
To: [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask],
        [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask],
        [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]

--part3_4a.e38f646.2a5e3e24_boundary

Just for fun - don't get made just
be sure to read to the end.

> [...]
>> that I probably look like a saint in the way I support Nancy on a daily
>> basis.I'm not saying that the ability to show this much consideration is
>> easy. Many men will find it difficult. Some will find it impossible. No
>> one knows better than I do how frustrating women can become as they get
>> older.
>>
>> My purpose in writing this is simply to suggest that you make the effort.
>> I realize that achieving the exemplary level of showing consideration I
>> have attained is out of reach for the average man.  However guys, even if
>> you just yell at your wife a little less often because of this article, I
>> will consider that writing it was worthwhile.
>>
>> (This was written by the deceased husband of a friend of mine! He
>> mysteriously passed on shortly after writing this.
>>

>> The cause of death is still under investigation).

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>Just for fun - don't get made
just
<BR>be sure to read to the end.
<BR>
<BR><BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid;
MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px"> AS WOMEN AGE
<BR>
<BR><BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid;
MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">
<BR>It is important for men to remember that as women grow older it becomes
harder for them to maintain the same quality of housekeeping they did when
they were younger. When men notice this, they should try not to yell.
<BR>
<BR>Let me relate how I handle the situation.
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>When I chucked my job and took early retirement a year ago, it became
necessary for Nancy to get a full-time job both for extra income and for
health insurance benefits that we need. She was a trained lab tech when we
met thirty some years ago and was fortunate to land a job at the local
medical center as a phlebotomist. It was shortly after she started working
at this job that I noticed that she was beginning to show her age.
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>I usually get home from fishing or hunting about the same time she gets
home from work. Although she knows how hungry I am, she almost always says
that she has to rest for half an hour or so before she starts supper. I try
not to yell at her when this happens. Instead, I tell her to take her time.
I understand that she is not as young as she used to be. I just tell her to
wake me when she finally does get supper on the table. She used to wash and
dry the dishes as soon as we finished eating. It is now not unusual for them
to sit on the table for several hours after supper. &nbsp;I do what I can by
reminding her several times each evening that they &nbsp;aren't cleaning
themselves. I know she appreciates this, as it does seem to help her get
them done before she goes to bed.
<BR>
<BR>Our washer and dryer are in the basement. When she was younger,
&nbsp;Nancy used to be able to go up and down the stairs all day and not get
tired. Now that she is older she seems to get tired so much more quickly.
Sometimes she says she just can't make another trip down those steps.
&nbsp;I don't make a big issue of this. As long as she finishes up the
laundry the next evening I am willing to overlook it.
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>Not only that, but unless I need something ironed to wear to the
Monday's lodge meeting or to Wednesday's or Saturday's prayer meeting or to
Tuesday's or Thursday's bowling or something like that, I will tell her to
wait until the next evening to do the ironing. &nbsp;This gives her a little
more time to do some of those odds and ends things like shampooing the dog,
vacuuming, or dusting. Also, if I have &nbsp;had a really good day fishing,
this allows her to gut and scale the fish at a more leisurely pace.
<BR>
<BR>Nancy is starting to complain a little occasionally. Not often, mind
you, but just enough for me to notice. &nbsp;For example, she will say that
it is difficult for her to find time to pay the monthly bills during her
lunch hour. In spite of her complaining, I continue to try to offer
encouragement. I tell her to stretch it out over two or even three days.
That way she won't have to &nbsp;rush so much. &nbsp;I also remind her that
missing lunch completely now and then wouldn't hurt her any, if you know
what I mean.
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>When doing simple jobs she seems to think she needs more rest periods
than she used to have to take. A couple of weeks ago she said she had to
take a break when she was only half finished mowing the yard. I overlook
comments like these because I realize it's just age &nbsp;talking. &nbsp;In
fact, I try to not embarrass her when she needs these little extra rest
breaks. &nbsp;I tell her to fix herself a nice, big, cold glass of freshly
squeezed lemonade and just sit for a while. I tell her that as long as she
is making one for herself, she may as well make one for me and take her
break by the hammock so she can talk with me until I fall asleep. &nbsp;
<BR>
<BR>I could go on and on, but I think you know where I'm coming from. I
&nbsp;know that I probably look like a saint in the way I support Nancy on a
daily basis.I'm not saying that the ability to show this much consideration
is easy. Many men will find it difficult. Some will find it impossible. No
one knows better than I do how frustrating women can become as they get
older.
<BR>
<BR>My purpose in writing this is simply to suggest that you make the
effort. I realize that achieving the exemplary level of showing
consideration I have attained is out of reach for the average man.
&nbsp;However guys, even if you just yell at your wife a little less often
because of this article, I will consider that writing it was worthwhile.
<BR>
<BR>(This was written by the deceased husband of a friend of mine! He
mysteriously passed on shortly after writing this.
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>The cause of death is still under investigation).
<BR>
<BR>
<BR></BLOCKQUOTE>
<BR>