C-PALSY  July 2002

C-PALSY July 2002

Re: Swimming with hemiplegia

Sun, 7 Jul 2002 11:28:10 -0400

 Actually, Jason, this suit is quite like a type III pfd (full torso) sewn
into the clothing.  I would think a "waist only" pfd would not keep her head
out of the water.  This suit is constructed such that it's impossible to
keep your head in the water unless a good deal of effort is expended in
trying to push yourself under water.

We had a pool party for the kids last night--one child had on a suit as you
described.  I don't mean to pick nits, but they are different altogether.  I
may be talking out of school here, but I think the one I'm describing would
be safer.

If I find the web page I'll forward it along.  I think it's great that
you're getting Lauren into swimming.  It's great therapy and great fun!

-Kyle

-----Original Message-----
From: Jason Kruse PA
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: 7/7/02 12:17 AM
Subject: Re: Swimming with hemiplegia

Thanks Kyle and Magenta-
I think our local target or Sams has a suit with
little rectangles that are sewn around the waist. I
think this may be what your talking about. I
appreciate the resources you mentioned. I agree, that
regardless of her becoming a good swimmer she should
learn to float in an emergency situation

Thanks

Jason Kruse