From:
Chris Fincham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 May 1997 17:47:33 -0400
Hi, Grant:

A question:  without agriculture, what would we eat?  The human race has
exploded beyond the capability of this planet to support it without modern
agricultural practices.  In our age, urban sprawl has claimed both pristine
winderness and agricultural land - to the point that only intensive farming
practices produce suffient food to supply the population.  The answer is not
to condemn agriculture, but to take personal responsibility for slowing
population growth.

Off my soap box and back to hemp - beer is a frivilous use for this plant.
Udo Erasmus considers hemp oil to be near-perfect re. nutrition.  1 acre of
hemp produces as much paper as 4.1 acres of trees (leaving 3.1 acres for
wildlife).  HPp