Help for EVOLUTIONARY-FITNESS Archives

EVOLUTIONARY-FITNESS Archives

EVOLUTIONARY-FITNESS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

EVOLUTIONARY-FITNESS Home

EVOLUTIONARY-FITNESS  August 2001

EVOLUTIONARY-FITNESS August 2001

Re: How do they know? (part two of three)

Edith Mcklveen <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 14 Aug 2001 09:57:29 -0400

We always tend to idealize the past, proably because we can only really see it in terms of trends, statistics, bits of information.  We  have diaries and newspapers and drawings and photos for more recent periods in history, but it's all still bits of information, not really a living connection with real people.  And information unfortunately can be manipulated according to the agenda of whatever individuals are using it.  Even in our own time, with documentaries of various kinds, we can take sound bites and picture bites out of context to present particular points of view about different subjects.

My tendency is to think that, for our paleo ancestors, it was probably as much excercise as diet that gave them certain advantages over their Neolithic descendants.  They had to hunt and gather; it wasn't an option.  However, going out and stretching and straining, pulling and pushing, walking and running every day, every day, every day gave them some amazing physical benefits.  Their Neolithic offspring could have had those same benefits, but it's human nature--if you don't have to move to survive, most of the time you're not going to.

>>> Rob Jones <[log in to unmask]> 08/13/01 09:00PM >>>
Change and uncertainty are the human condition. 99% of our ancestors ate
salad and meat, as it became available, usually raw. We now know about
bioflavinoids, essentail fatty acids, minimum RDA, and so much more. Listen
to your body. It will guide you. Just don't get suckered by sugar, white
flour, and alchohol. They are the comfort foods of our society.

And remember to exercise. Even if it is only a walk around the block.
Stretching is also very beneficial.

You are in charge of you. You control your focus. You have enormous power
to transform your life. What have you got to lose?

Keep the faith and keep up the good work.