GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Habib Ghanim, Sr" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 8 Aug 1999 14:12:37 -0400
Jabou and Latir,

Thanks for the information.
May ALLAH grant them eternal peace.
Their mission was clearly accomplished. The message is for all of us here and
back home to face realities rather than trivialities. Something must be done to
restore hope to the younger ones coming behind us.
We do not know all the answers but we can start with little steps towards the
future. The past is gone . Let's stop blaming others for our shortcomings. We
cannot bring back what transpired one hundred years ago  but we can do something
about the future by amending the present trends. Working towards peace amongst
ourselves be it the Middle East or in Africa is the first positive step. Without
peace no one can progress no matter what you do.
Sierra Leone is a typical example . If all the different factions put their
efforts together in helping grow their own food and stop asking the UN for food
in exchange for hostages , it would not lead the young boys and girls of that
country to fight with the adult rebels or armies in search for something to do.
Instead they would be side by side growing their own rice and vegetables.
It sounds difficult but it is easy to do if we the adults stop teaching them hate
and differences . Emphasize on the common grounds rather than our differences.

May Allah guide us all towards peace (Islam) and help us through these difficult
& trying times.
Habib Diab Ghanim