From:
Dannelle Friedeck <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Feb 1998 07:50:49 -0800
After having some problems with WinNT which I converted to NTFS I decided to
formit the drive and start over. I still had problems so I formitted both C:
and D:. D: is the drive WinNT was on. Using fdisk I resetup the patitions
made active formatted both drives, sys c: then when I boot the system I got
the error message Verifying DMI Pool Data........
.....Boot2>. I used the boot disk and was able to enter C:\ I installed Dos
6.22 then when I boot the system I again get the messge Verifying DMI Pool
Data.......
.....Boot2>. Using the IBM DM that came with my Deskstar 3 AT Hard Disk
Drive by IBM, I was able to set up the drive everything was fine. When
installing Operating Systems under system commander LATE the other night I
made a stupid mistake which I was unabel to correct so I did another format
with the /s switch and started over. When I boot the system I again got the
Verifying DMI Pool Data.......
.....Boot2> message.
Can someone tell me what this message means? Why will it not boot using
fdisk or format commands? I have reset up the system but I can't help
wondering if their is a problem going on that I don't understand that will
cause me problems in the near future. Thank You for your help.

Dannelle Friedck

          PCBUILD:  http://nospin.com  or  [log in to unmask]