AXSLIB-L January 2001

Re: Convert text to audio files

"McCraw, Jackie" <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 24 Jan 2001 13:32:02 -0500

Sounds really interesting.  The problem is, MP3 audio files take up a
horrendous amount of space, which would make them impractical for long
documents or books.  For short instructions, they would be okay. And you
could include cool sounds and a lot of nifty effects, to liven things up for
sound as people do for video.  I think it might be fun to use it for
computer games created or adapted for visually impaired people or those with
learning disabilities.  So far, digitized text files are much smaller and
easier to move around than MP3 files.  But it's a neat idea, and may have
many uses for serving people over telephone lines, etc.

- Jackie

-----Original Message-----
From: Audrey Gorman [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, January 23, 2001 3:02 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Convert text to audio files

Hi, all!

This (item below) is a cross-post from another list.  Apologies to anyone
who's seen it already.  My questions are:
1) Has anyone heard of this company or software?
2) Can we use it to make web sites, library hardware directions or other
things more accessible to more people in library settings?

Audrey
Convert Text To Audio Files

Premier Programming Solutions has just release its newest software
application. This program can take almost any standard document and convert
it
to an audio file. Convert a textbook to an MP3 file download it to an MP3
player and listen to it anywhere.  There is no longer a need to hook up tape
recorders to your OCR software packages.  Simply open up the document and
select process and when it's finished open up an MP3 player and listen to
it.  Wait there is more our Text to Audio converter can convert up to
20documents at one time.  Each file can have a different voice, speaking
rate
and pitch. The user can save the audiophile in either a .wav or .mp3
format. Distribute audio files instead of text.

           The suggested Retail price of this product is only $49.95

Contacts for a Demo or Check out our website for more information about it.

www.premier-programming.com

SteveTimmer
President
Premier Programming Solutions