EVOLUTIONARY-FITNESS September 2000

Re: Body Fat Calc's

Tom Tanner <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 22 Sep 2000 07:28:28 -0500

BODY FAT CALCULATORS. You will need to know your Lean Body Mass in order to
determine how much you should eat. The starting place is knowing your body
fat percentage. Everything that is not body fat is called Lean Body Mass or
LBM. To find your LBM % subtract your body fat % from 100%. If your body fat
percentage is 25% then your LBM percentage is 75%. Your actual LBM in pounds
is your total body weight (what the scale says) multiplied by your LBM %.
Example: If you weigh 140 pounds and your LBM is 75% then your LBM is 140 x
75% = 105 pounds.

Popular methods for measuring body fat are calipers, body impedance
measurements (try the Tanita scale), underwater weighing, and the tape
measure approach. You can try out these online calculators to get started.
They may all give you different answers! Sorry, this is not an exact
science.

http://kingspawn.home.att.net/BodyFat.htm
http://www.he.net/~zone/primer/prothd2.html
http://www.starlighter.com/zone/zoneproi.htm