From:
Anthony Garvey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Feb 1998 16:55:39 -0500
Jim,

If using co-axial 10base2 cable then make sure one end is grounded and both
ends are terminated with a 50ohm resistor.  Use RG-58 cable.

After your NICs are properly configured on each machine:

On each PC:
Check the Device Manager to make sure the NIC is functioning properly
Load the NETBEUI protocol
Load the MS Client for Microsoft Networks
On the Identification tab, make sure the workgroup name is the same on all
of the computers
Don't forget to enable file and or print sharing on any of the PC's that
will be serving
Don't forget to serve something (disk, directory, printer)

That's it!   Any questions contact me off-list.

HTH, Anthony  [log in to unmask]