From:
Ray Audette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 May 1997 23:52:48 -0700
After tasting the results of my smoker, a friend of mine invited me over
to see his.  It consisted of a pile of bricks (no morter)and dirt.  The
meat was held on an old refridgerator shelf! It worked as well as mine
and better than mine in cold weather!  Neither of us ever used charcol,
prefering the loose branches in we could pick up in the neiborhood for
free.  Each type of tree imparts a different taste (grape vines are best
for fish).  For a great taste, I use the staves of Jack Daniel's wiskey
barrels which are sold as planters at the garden supply store.

Ray Audette
Author "NeanderThin:A Caveman's Guide to Nutrition"
http://www.sofdesign.com/neander